Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good News - Daily Herald News

Yes, our beloved little Springville Herald was shut down by the big bad owner in Provo. I promptly applied to the big bad Daily Herald and am now employed by them to write Springville stories - two a week is what they will now run. I had my family editor (Jon the beloved) read and comment on my first story. With his brutal, slashing red pen he helped me make my article "Less tepid" and suggested I change my last paragraph which "comes to a grinding halt". While he was in high school I was just as ruthless and now the tables have turned! I actually value his suggestions - even if I sift through and discard some of them.
The story was about an elementary school in Springville trying to get Chinese Immersion started. This precocious little kindergarten girl was a great interview!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats on the new beat - I wish we had chinese immersion here, sounds amazing.